|Learn to Write
English Clearly and Correctly
Set 1 - Lesson 3 Answer Key
Return to Lesson 3
Exercise A: Answers will vary, but here are some possibilities.
|1. two, the, some||6. five, several, a jar of|
|2. some, much, 10 gallons of||7. some, a truck full of|
|3. a, the, one||8. several, twenty, a few|
|4. some, a glass of||9. some, a lot of, a little bit of|
|5. four, many, a few||10. a quart of, a pint of, a glass of, some|
Exercise B: Answers will vary, but here are some possibilities.
1. alcohol, water, beer, ice cream
2. feet, cars, basketball players
3. gravel, sand, snow, top soil
4. perfume, olive oil, nitroglycerine
5. deer, men, shovels, politicians
6. oxygen, iron, salt, water
7. rattlesnake, cup of coffee, baby
8. apple, olive, Indian, umbrella
9. love, trouble, water, pollution
10. dollars, minutes, ideas, aliens
|1. gallons of water||2. corn||3. several||4. glasses of water||5. many, a lot of|
|6. buckets||7. several||8. is not much time||9. a few, some||10. head of cattle|
Examination: Answers will vary, but here are some possibilities.
1. some dynamite, five koalas, several flat tires
2. a drop of perfume, bottles of pickle juice
3. 33 koalas,
4. several flat tires, some pizza, 33 flat tires, few olives
5. barrel of pickle juice, cup of pudding
6. Much hair,
c. 2000 Mikie Metric Productions, Williamsport, PA 17701
Return to the top of the page.